Find out the truth behind
common drug and alcohol myths and misperceptions
Have you ever heard any of the following myths about drugs?
- My kid and his buddies having a beer on the weekends is no big deal.
- They're just experimenting.
- The safest place for kids to drink is at home.
- I would know if my kids were using.
- Of course my kid has cash, a car, a credit card, a cell phone and a computer – so, what’s the big deal?
These drug myths aren't just a case of bad information; they can be downright dangerous for the people who believe them. Passed off as common wisdom, these drugs myths justify, excuse or ignore bad behavior and leave the door open for teen substance abuse. Click the boxes above to view our rundown of the most common drug myths and to learn the truth behind them.